Many people with ADD/ADHD are not diagnosed until adulthood. The diagnosis often creates a feeling of relief..."there are actually answers to my unexplained behaviors and challenges." That is often followed by a sense of grief..."If only I had known, my life could have been sooo different."
Now that you know what you are dealing with, what can you do about it?
- Build a network of support .
- Understand how your brain works.
- Know where your skill sets lie.
- Find compassion for yourself.
- AND work with a coach that will help you develop systems, create routines, and make changes that will alleviate your frustration and move you towards increased productivity, satisfying relationships, and a greater sense of overall satisfaction.
A multimodal treatment works best, which might include a combination of:
- Medication (if you choose)
- Stress management or mindfulness
- Possibly professional organizing
- ADHD coaching to develop strategies and create accountability
Utilizing the strengths that you currently possess, here is a list of fundamental life changes that can result from a committed coaching relationship:
- Alleviate worry.
- Get Organized.
- Make better choices.
- Increase self-esteem.
- Increase your efficiency.
- Conquer the overwhelm.
- Harness your creativity.
- Feel competent and proud.
- Improve communication skills.
- Manage your anger and frustration.
- Experience greater fulfillment and joy.
- Improve relationships both personally and professionally.
With Increased self-awareness, you can:
- Find your voice.
- Set boundaries.
- Achieve Self Compassion.
- Eliminate shame and guilt.
- Learn to trust your intuition.
- Examine your limiting beliefs.
- Make choices based on your values.
- Discover your strengths and passions.
- Knowing your strengths, learn to utilize them.
With effective planning and follow thorough, you can:
- Plan for success.
- Define your Goals.
- Remove obstacles.
- Create structure.
- Maintain a planner.
- Overcome procrastination.
- Improve time management.
- Develop functional strategies, habits and routines.
With Reevaluation of your work habits, you can:
- Learn to Delegate.
- Make more money.
- Get that promotion.
- Work more efficiently.
- Make better Decisions.
- Listen with greater focus.
- Finish projects and meet deadlines.
- Find a job that leverages your strengths.
Coaching is the path that can deliver you from frustration and anxiety to joy, fulfillment and increased self-esteem. With the help of a trained coach, it IS possible to start to feel like you have control over your life.
My professional training is through the ADD Coach Academy. ADDCA is the only ICF and PAAC certified coaching program dedicated exclusively to training ADHD coaches. Working with me you will reach your most ambitious goals faster than you can alone. I will help you gain clarity and focus. Through increased accountability, you will experience a boost of energy, renewed passion and inspiration to succeed.
If you're committed to creating a more fulfilling and meaningful life, I look forward to working with you. Contact me today for a FREE CONSULTATION.